Sunday, February 15, 2009

Urban Cowgirl: Karen Walker Fall '09

Alright! On to Karen Walker. By the way, in my "coverage" of this Fashion Week I am not going to be inundating this blog with every single show I come across--rather, I'm focusing only on my favorite designers that I've loved for years, and zeroing in on two or three looks that really stood out to me. For Karen Walker, I really enjoyed the whimsical (but also kind of foreboding) prints on some of her dresses, which incorporated images of shattered glass and a broken string of pearls. I liked that her looks were feminine, but infused with a bit of toughness, whether it was a leather jacket or some edgy shades. Unlike other shows, it was hard to pick only two or three looks to showcase from this one. Definitely check the whole collection out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment