Thursday, February 12, 2009

Lacquered Love


I must admit I've become a bit nailpolish-obsessed! One of my favorite things to do these days is visit the drugstore and pore over the rainbow of options before me. I absolutely LOVE the names these cosmetic companies concoct, too--I wish I could have a job in which the sole responsibility would be naming colors. But who could top "Speedy Hot Tamale" by Maybelline?! My absolute favorite is a pedicure with Essie's bright pink "Short Shorts" nail polish. But while I've stayed true to Essie for the most part (with shades like "Chastity" and "Secret Stash"), I've also discovered the dangerous world of luxury polishes from Chanel and Dior as well as the wonderfully cheap realm of Wet N' Wild and Sally Hansen. Here's my wishlist of colors (with both high and low pricepoints) below:

A dark, sultry purple (Vendetta by Chanel, above) as well as a bright, neon one (Bermuda Shorts by Essie, below)

A deep, shimmery navy (Navy Baby by Sally Hansen, Dead Calm by Rescue Beauty Lounge, below)
image via Polish Addict

A jet black injected with a bit of silvery sparkle (Black Sequins by Dior)

No comments:

Post a Comment