Friday, January 23, 2009

Lip Service

I've always shied away from red lipstick, thinking it was too dramatic for me. But right now it seems bright, matte lipcolor is really big in both high fashion and everyday fashion. A trip to Sephora, dozens of runway looks, and tons of street style spottings have inspired me to incorporate a dash of color into my makeup routine. After doing some research, I've discovered that Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte lipstick is a definite winner. I scored it on the cheap via eBay, but it's totally worth the high price tag. The line is chock full of rich, fashion-conscious colors including bright fuchsia and a deep bluish-red perfect for my pale skin tone. Once you put it on it kind of sinks into your lips, saturating them with pigment. The best part? It lasts all day, even through a lunch of pasta with truffle oil. Now I'm jonesing for a pastel purpley-pink, which looks so good on this model:

No comments:

Post a Comment