Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dreaming of spring...


After learning that my family and I are going to Palm Springs--one of my favorite vacation spots--this April, I'm even more anxious for spring to arrive. Palm Springs is such a little slice of heaven, with its sun-bleached desert mountains and lush palm tree-lined oases dotted with bright white retro-modern houses and kitschy restaurants. Even more exciting is the fact that Ace Hotel (so famous in Portland) is opening up a location right there in February. It's sure to be a beautiful retreat, as the Ace team is known for their fresh take on modern decor. Below are some of my swimwear picks for what I'll be wearing come April, as I'm lounging poolside, sipping a date shake, visiting Ace's swim club and spa, or exploring the Indian Canyons:


Urban Outfitters has me excited about a more retro swim look. I think these high-waisted bottoms are really flattering, and go well with this ruffly top. (Swim top, Delia's; bottoms, Urban Outfitters)

But, then again, I also love Insight's decidedly less demure look, with crazy patterns.





Finally, I love Agent Provocateur's eye for charming detail in this "cowgirl bikini", complete with rope trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment